Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Giving Tree

I'm a member of the PTO at Sage's school this year and my job is to create displays for the front hall. This winter we decided to make a "Giving Tree" where people could pluck off paper apples containing classroom material requests submitted by the teachers. The hope is that families will purchase some of these items and donate them to classrooms in need. As a former teacher I know how often I purchased items for my classroom without expecting reimbursement. 

Here's the tree (pre-apples) that I made for the hallway:


 After I stapled it to the wall I realized it was a little too fat but oh well, the kids didn't notice. I also made a felt banner with hand-cut letters in the style of the hand-drawn font on the title page:


While researching reference material for this project, I came across this animated version of the story I don't think I've ever seen before (though I've heard and/or read the story 100 times or more). It's from 1973 and narrated by Shel Silverstein himself. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

check out this site o7t04c1k04 best replica designer bags replica bags supplier e5u38n0o14 louis vuitton replica bags neverfull hop over to these guys w5l33i1x47 replica bags in china click for info s4z99o9m59 replica louis vuitton bag 9a replica bags u5m39g7e17

tathoot said...

More Bonuses replica bags from china visit here gucci replica More Info replica gucci

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...