Sunday, October 05, 2008

Eagle Rock Music Festival. . . a success!

Last night I packed up the car with kokoleo and set up shop in a tent at the Eagle Rock Music Festival.

I shared the booth with Gina Harth from All A'Board Boutique.

She was the one who told me about the event and asked if I wanted to do it with her. I was reluctant at first because I was afraid I wouldn't make enough to cover the the fee ($150) but I figured it would be nice to expose kokoleo to a new kind of crowd and hang out with her for the night, so I agreed. I'm glad I did. Not only did I make the booth fee back and then some, but I sold a bunch of my Obama bottle cap buttons, met some new people, listened to good music, and had a great time with Gina.

Despite the cloudy skies, which turned into a drizzle and then a short downpour, the streets were crowded. This was taken at the very beginning; there were way more people later on:

Our booth was like this most of the time:

Christine Haynes stopped by and bought one of my Obama buttons. She told me she saw them on Flickr the other day and made it a point to find me so she could get one. Yay! Thanks Christine!

(That's a 7-11 in the background. She's not wearing a striped pill-box hat.)

I was happy to see I wasn't the only vendor promoting Obama. Out of the 10 or so vendors there, I counted four others with pro-Obama stuff. One lady saw my display and shouted at Gina and me all huffy-like, "What, no McCain?" and we laughed and said, "Nope!" To which she gave us the thumbs down and made a farting noise. Ha! I wonder if she was equally as obnoxious to this guy, making on-the-spot Obama silkscreens:

Or this lady, selling these funky flowers:

I gave her $10 and a barrette for one of those which is now planted in our front yard, freaking out our neighbors.

The vendors weren't the focus of the event though, since it was primarily a music festival. There were multiple stages set up along Colorado Blvd. featuring lots of local indie bands, and there were lots of rock star-looking people rushing about. We were too busy to check out the stages down the street but I did snap this picture of the stage closest to us:

and we occasionally caught a passing brass band parade:

and freakshows like this:


You don't see that every day!

4 comments:

topills.com scam said...

We had a similar kit, and I found the process hard to photograph. Even the butterflies had to be urged to open their wings and look pretty for the camera.

jasonbob said...

supreme hoodie
golden goose
bape outlet
yeezy
bape
nike sb dunk low
kyrie 5 spongebob
kyrie irving shoes
lebron 16
supreme outlet

wene said...

straight from the source replica bags from china like it replica ysl index buy replica bags

Unknown said...

b6l35b0r71 m6w14p3o15 j1e26b5k05 t9s89m9o78 g7y32x8k39 i6v10e1b48

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...